Volunteerism is the voice of the people put into action. These actions shape and mold the present into a future of which we can all be proud.
-- Helen Dyer
Thinking About Volunteering?
Why be a Volunteer?
- Make important networking contacts
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach skills to others
- Enhance your résumé
- Gain work experience
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your health
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued
- Express gratitude for help you may have received in the past from an organization
- Communicate to others that you are ambitious, enthusiastic and care about the community
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Improves the likelihood that children will volunteer as an adult
Volunteering comes in many forms:
- In a group, as an individual or as a family
- One hour or a lifetime
- Working with children, adults, animals, numbers or to improve our community
- Working outside or inside
Meaningful community solutions require more than money or programs or policies. The kind of real and lasting change that benefits everyone is only possible when people from all walks of life are willing to roll up their sleeves and go where they are most needed.
Where to Start
Galxy Digital GetConnected volunteer management software has helped thousands of organizations, including other United Ways, Habitat for Humanity, and the Humane Society, log over 8 million volunteer hours and generate nearly $200 million in community impact. In October 2021, we will be adding Galaxy Digital GetConnected volunteer management software to our website. Make a profile, determine your interests/skills, and find volunteer opportunities that fit you and your time schedule.